Friday, February 18, 2011

30 Random Things About Yours Truly

Hello my loves! Another weekend has come, thank goodness. I'm especially excited this weekend because I'm headed down to VA Beach to celebrate one of my best friend's birthdays - it's also her cousin's 1 year old daughter's birthday, so there will be a princess castle moonbounce involved in this party. How can you not have a good time when that is involved? To leave you for the weekend, I stole Kara's {over at Once There Was a Tree and who also happens to be a pretty awesome best friend of mine} idea of doing an about me post - 30 Things. So to leave you for the weekend, here's 30 random facts about yours truly, XO.


30 Things

1. I got my pug, Henry, as a gift from my parents for my 21st birthday.

2. I have this weird OCD thing when I go shopping, and if I try on clothes and decide I want to buy them, I always put the piece I tried on back and get a new one in the same size to buy. Not sure how this started, I know, it's weird.

3. I love licorice - black jelly beans and good n'plenty, delish. I think this came from my nanny, she used to always have bags of black jelly beans in her pantry. Actually, I have an obsession with candy in general.

4. My all-time favorite color is yellow. I love all shades of it - from mustard to neon and everything in between.

5. I went to UVA for a year and a half before transferring back to VCU in Richmond to study marketing.

6. I have lots of friends that I consider my "best friends" - not just one. I love them all!

7. While I love to workout and stay healthy, I wouldn't consider myself "sporty" - I think my brother got those genes. I cheered, swam on my neighborhood swim team, and attempted tennis when I was younger but never stuck with any of it.

8. I recently discovered a passion for baking - love it love it!

9. Unfortunately fact #8 does not fit with my #9 fact in that I really dislike doing dishes. Laundry, I don't mind at all, but dirty dishes, ick.

10. I have an obsession with John Mayer that I've had since I was probably 12. My sophomore year of highschool I won a free trip to NYC to go backstage to meet him and see his concert at Madison Square. (it was an AOL contest, and all I had to do was enter my email address) how randomly lucky was that right?!

11. I am extremely optimistic and it's hard for me to be around people that are constantly negative.

12. My mom named me Brittany me because it was the name of a character on her favorite soap opera - she heard it, and loved it.

13. I was born and raised in Richmond, VA and I love it there - so much.

14. Most of my friends I've had since childhood. This is rare, so I truly feel lucky to have had such great friends through every step of my life thus far.

15. I'm really close with my parents - I tell them a lot (maybe not everything, but a lot) and I know I can always go to them for advice.

16. My brother Brandon and I are 2 years and a week apart :) He's 21, and I'm glad that as we've gotten older, we've grown closer. He's also a soccer star at VMI - hence, the sporty genes that I lack.

17. I write millions of lists a day - things to do, things I need, important notes, etc. sometimes, a few of the notes have the same things over and over, not sure why I do this, but it somehow keeps me organized.

18. I have a slight addiction to Anthropologie. I love everything about that store, the clothes, the details, their overall design aesthetic, fabulous.

19. I kickbox. It's an amazing workout (I highly recommend it, I have fighter gloves and everything)

20. One of my favorite places to be is the beaches of the Outer Banks. It feels like my second home, and I have great memories of weeks and weekends spent there with friends and family. One day I'd love to have my wedding there.

21. I want to go on a mission trip somewhere to work with children at an orphange. I can only imagine how rewarding and humbling it would be.

22. One of my favorite, go-to, chick flicks is "When Harry Met Sally" and another is "Love Actually" - could seriously watch over and over, and I have.

23. I cry extremely easily. I have always been this way and sometimes I hate it - but what can I say, I'm just emotional!

24. I'm a wine-o and recently have been turning into a red wine lover, never thought it would happen.

25. I love event planning - weddings, birthdays, parties, etc. I think it's an extremely rewarding and fulfilling job to see how much joy it brings to people.

26. Even though I'm nowhere near the point in my life to have a baby, sometimes when I shop alone I browse through the baby section - everything is just so tiny and adorable! I can't wait to one day shop in that section, when the time is right.

27. My favorite meal of the day is breakfast or brunch. I love going out for brunch or making a big delicious breakfast on the weekends. Everything bagels and cream cheese are my weakness, I cannot resist.

28. I have a foot phobia. I don't like them near me, on me, and I will not touch them - ew. gross. I hope my future bf or hubby doesn't expect foot massages, never gonna happen. Sorry guys.

29. I have two tattoos - a pink star on my lower back that I got when I was 18 (totally cliche, I know) and a small outline of a heart on my left foot. I've thought about getting a quote on my foot, maybe one day.

30. I heart Michael Jackson - a lot. I think people are too hard on him. He was a creative, musical genius.

****

Have a great weekend everyone!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home