Monday, February 21, 2011

Music Crush: The Civil Wars


I saw this group, The Civil Wars, featured on another blog I love: The SoHo, on Thursday so I decided to check them out before my road trip this weekend. I am love love loving them. I'm a huge fan of country music, and The Civil Wars have beautiful, fresh harmonies that remind me a bit of Little Big Town. I updated my ipod in anticipation of my trip this weekend so I was set with some great new music {thank god I did because traffic was hellacious on Friday} and I'm so glad I added them to my playlist!


Barton Hollow is their first full length album and they describe it by saying "each song is an intimate conversation, and no third wheels or dinner-party chatter are going to interrupt that gorgeous, haunting hush." Reading the bio on their site I saw that their song "Poison & Wine" was featured on Grey's Anatomy, and Taylor Swift has also tweeted about loving this new exquisite duo. They are definitely an up and coming duo and can not wait to see where they go.Their sound is sort of folksy-country and they were discovered in Nashville at some of the local hot spots. She's gorgeous with a quirky style, and he is definitely channeling Jack Sparrow {Johnny Depp look-a-like anyone?}...check out some of their music and see what you think.




Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Chunky Knubby Navel said...

They do sound a lot like Little Big Town...but with a really impressive twist. Good find!!!! =)

Whitney

February 21, 2011 at 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home