Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy List

I've been in a great mood this week and as the thoughts of longer days, prolonged sunshine, and warm temperatures creep into my mind, I find myself embracing the little things that make me happy on a daily basis. After this weekend, things are going to start getting crazy busy with work, weddings, and traveling. Last night my friend and I chatted about how easy it is to get caught up in the stress of it all and the money we are going to be spending on all of the festivities coming up, but we really need to remember how fun the upcoming months are going to be, and the little things that will remain in our memories forever. There's nothing like reuniting with your best friends after everyone went their separate ways after high school. We treasure the moments we are all in Richmond and can spend nights watching hours of reality tv, gossiping over wine and junk food, and reminiscing about high school boyfriends and drama. We are all going to be together several times in the next few months and I cannot wait. In honor of remembering the little things that make you happy, here are 10 things this week that put a smile on my face...

  1. Snuggling on the couch with Henry nuzzling into my side until there's no possible way he can get any closer.
  2. Doing ridiculous exercises with my trainer until I almost cry but realizing how great and energized I feel after the fact {I guess that's his job right?}
  3. Getting my gold, sparkly TOMS in the mail and thinking about all the cute outfits I can plan around them.
  4. Mid-afternoon Starbuck's trips with a friend to escape our cubicles, take a walk, and breath in some fresh air.
  5. Having the same morning routine day after day {including lots of coffee and a morning walk with Henry}
  6. The promise of a great playlist for my Saturday morning spin class at the gym.
  7. Making homemade sushi with a great friend and enjoying it in front of the TV watching Glee {oh Puckerman, so dreamy}
  8. Sitting outside for margaritas and tacos with one of my besties at our favorite neighborhood Mexican restaurant.
  9. Daydreaming about my four day work week, hair appointment, bridal showers, bachelorette parties, and quality time with the girls next weekend. 
  10. Getting out of work while it's still light outside from this week forward. 




As things start to get crazy in the coming months, as I'm sure for most people it will, remember the little things, the simple things, that make you thankful for your life and where you are in it.

"If the sight of the blue skies fill you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has the power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive."  Eleonora Duse

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Britt said...

Quite possibly my favorite post so far!! Counting down the days till we're all reunited!

March 18, 2011 at 11:12 AM  
Blogger Brittany said...

I know this probably hit home for you too :) I can't wait either, I seriously am wishing the weeks away when I know there's a weekend of time with the girls coming up

March 18, 2011 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

just stumbled on your blog! this is so cute... i love seeing my friends! And ps i need those toms. Im seriously obsessed with them

March 18, 2011 at 7:37 PM  
Blogger Brittany said...

Thanks Ashley! You're so sweet - I highly recommend the Toms, super comfortable and match anything :)

March 19, 2011 at 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home