Monday, March 21, 2011

Sunday Night Dinner: Buffalo Chicken Pizza

Happy Monday! {or not-so-happy Monday, whichever you prefer} :)  I'm really hoping this week is going to fly by because I have a big, fun 3-day weekend in Richmond ahead of me - yayayay! This weekend I took it easy since I know next weekend will be so busy, but nonetheless, it was great and relaxing. I had lots of me time, which is nice every now and then. Saturday I had spinning and then I spent part of the afternoon at the mall looking for a bridal shower dress - success, I found one! {and it's also perfect for Easter, double success} Sunday morning I took the metro to the Eastern Market in DC, picked up some fresh produce, then ran to the store and spent the rest of the afternoon taking Henry for a long walk and doing lots of laundry/cleaning that has taken a backseat in my routine the past couple of weeks. I finished my evening off with a delicious new pizza recipe and watching my favorite new show America's Next Great Restaurant - a restaurant menu of gourmet grilled cheese of all kinds? so awesome, right?!

So my co-workers and I sometimes head across the street for lunch to a little dive called The Continental. They have a great buffalo chicken salad that's kind of my current obsession. Tonight, I thought I'd try and make a buffalo chicken pizza {I've made a barbeque chicken one before and it turned out pretty delish and was super easy, so I figured I couldn't go wrong with this one!} Although there isn't much to it, it turned out so flavorful, spicy, and yummy. I looked around at a few recipes and sort of just came up with my own version...


Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Premade pizza dough (or homemade, I was lazy and used Pillsbury)
- Frank's Hot Wing sauce
- Ranch 
- about a cup of Chicken {I bought a rotisserie chicken and shredded it}
- Scallions, chopped
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
{I also had Feta in the fridge so I used a bit on top}


Directions
1. Preheat oven and roll out pizza dough on a stone or greased pan.
2. Prepare chicken {cook if needed and then throw wing sauce over it until coated} I put my shredded rotisserie chicken in a bowl with the wing sauce to coat the chicken.
2. Mix equal parts of ranch and hot sauce in another bowl and spread lightly over the dough.
3. Sprinkle a bit of cheese onto the dough and then layer the marinated chicken on top.
4. Top with more cheese, sprinkled Feta, and chopped scallions.
5. Pop in the over for about 10 minutes and you're done!
{I sprinkled a bit more ranch across the top to garnish}




Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger denise said...

YUMMY!! :) I bet the scallions added a nice touch! :)

March 21, 2011 at 6:54 AM  
Blogger Malinda said...

im obsessed with americas next great restaurant...eek-had to miss it last night bc of the bball game. must find it online! and the grilled cheese restaurant is my fave idea/i LOVE that guy!! so cute.

March 21, 2011 at 7:12 AM  
Blogger Brittany said...

I know it is so cool right?! I think grilled cheese boy is gonna win. I watched it last night and now I forgot already who got kicked off. I also really like the taco idea but don't like the guy!

March 21, 2011 at 7:31 AM  
Blogger Britt said...

Ok...glad I'm not the only one obsessed with this show! My top 3 faves...
1) Grilled Cheese
2) Soul Food (used to be wings and waffles) (mainly because if the guy's story)
3) Saucy Balls - Love him/think he's hilarious!

March 21, 2011 at 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home