Monday, April 18, 2011

Water for Elephants

Water for Elephants comes out this Friday and I have been dying to see it since I first saw the previews months ago. I read the book and I'm really looking forward to seeing how they interpret the book on the big screen {I'm sincerely hoping it doesn't disappoint! Although with Reese and Rob Pattinson, it surely can't be that bad} I've always had a weird fascination with old circus life {which is why I decided to read the book in the first place.} I always envisioned it as a whimsical, yet creepy sort of lifestyle, with traveling "freakshows," people breathing fire and eating knives, big, exotic animals only contained in little metal cages, living out of trailors and trains. It doesn't seem so glamorous except for the beautiful costumes and fancy flips that the acrobats can do. In honor of Water for Elephants opening day on Friday, here are some images of beautiful, vintage weddings and engagement shoots inspired by the Old Big Top Traveling Circus.  



{Source for photos above: Gabriel Ryan Photographers via 100 Layer Cake}



{Source for photos above: Brandon Kidd via Green Wedding Shoes}

Who else is dying to see this movie? I bet the costumes are going to be fantastic!


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home