Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New Do for Spring

I am beyond ecstatic that it is officially Spring! Who isn't? I'm ready to thaw out, open up my windows, go to outdoor concerts, and spend happy hours socializing with friends and co-workers on outside patios - hallelujah! This weekend I also ran across the beautiful cherry blossoms blooming in downtown DC when I spent Sunday morning strolling through the outdoor market. Last year I didn't move to DC until August, so I haven't had the pleasure of experiencing Spring in the city yet. I'm looking forward to taking my camera out to capture some of the seasonal changes that are taking place around town. Speaking of changes...I have a hair appointment this Friday {with my love Jerod who I've gone to now for 10 years!} and I'm thinking about a little change myself. Right now my hair is this length, or a little longer...and it has been for a couple years at this point...but I think I'm ready for a major snip snip {meaning more than just a trim, nothing overly drastic}. I'm also planning to get a few lighter highlights since it was a little darker for the winter months. Bring on the scissors and foils!
Summer '10
Here are some photos I've been drooling over for inspiration. I like the ashy blonde look, not brassy yellow, and I definitely don't want to go above the shoulder. I trust Jerod and I know he'll make my highlights the perfect shade of ash blond so they still look natural, and I know he'll give me an edgy/stylish cut with the length I ask for. What do you think?

{Source: Photo Blog}

{Source: Pinterest}

{Source: Carrie.org}
{Source: Coveted Canvas}
Somewhere between all of these perhaps? Haha, clearly I'm not completely sure yet, but I'll bring these into the salon for Jerod to see what I'm thinking about...Carrie Underwood and Kate Bosworth's styles are my favorite from above. Can you tell I'm a little excited about this?! My friends have mixed reviews about me cutting my hair so far, but I've pretty much decided that it will happen...I want a fresh new do to celebrate the end of gloomy, cold, snowy days and the entrance into gloriously long days of sunshine, random thunderstorms, sundresses, cookouts, patio-sitting, flip flops, and the list goes on....

P.S. Sorry about no Travel Tuesdays again, I haven't been travel-inspired lately but hopefully with a few trips coming up in the next few months, the bug will bite me again

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger denise said...

Love all of these! You have a nice long, oval face and I think could pull off a shorter look if you wanted to! I want to chop mine off... get a long bob... something funky! But my hair is my security blanket... so we'll see! :)

March 22, 2011 at 5:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey there, all are very cute. i love the length of the last one best though. and you are always good about curling your hair so it will look really cute. it is always nice to have a change. glad you are keeping the blonde of course. and Yay for spring!!!

March 22, 2011 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger Brittany said...

Thanks Denise and Jess! Denise, I like the long bob idea too so I'm thinking a little longer in the front - and I think that would look great on you too! You can pull off anything, you have great style :) and Jess, yes Happy Spring!!

March 22, 2011 at 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home