Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Wedding season is officially in full swing...

This weekend I worked my first wedding as an intern with Ritzy Bee Events. It was so nice being back in wedding season and assisting my first event in 2011! Maria Cooke is the owner of Ritzy Bee (since 2007), and in 2010 Kelly Seizert joined the team. Soon after, they opened The Hive at 1511. Down in Old Town Alexandria, the Hive, is the office space of Kate Headley Photography (who was the photographer this past weekend and she is amazing!), Ritzy Bee Events, and Simplesong Design (she does boutique letterpress printed goods that are stunning and unique). Not only is The Hive their office space, they also occasionally hold creative workshops {like Photography 101 with Kate, or Introduction to Letterpress with Suann from Simplesong}.

Along with being an established, creative force in the Washington, DC area, Ritzy Bee is well-known in the wedding industry throughout the United States being featured in Wedding publications such as Martha Stewart Weddings, Southern Living Weddings, the NY Times, Southern Weddings, etc. They are a boutique event planning studio that specializes in creating customized expressions of the couples they work with. They strive for timeless events with lots of personal touches and details.

I know this is the industry I want to be in, so I am so thankful for the chance to intern with Ritzy Bee Events (along with my work with Merriment Events) to soak in all the knowledge and hands-on experience I can get.

Here are some of my favorite styling details from Ritzy Bee Events in the past:






{All above photo credits: Kate Headley}
The month of May will be full of weddings for me! I'm assisting a wedding with Courtney at Merriment Events, then the next weekend working a huge wedding in downtown DC with Ritzy Bee, and then the last weekend of May I am the MOH for my best friend's wedding in Richmond!! May is going to be one busy, but fun month :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home