Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Currently Snacking On...

I know it can be hard to stick with healthy snacks, especially in an office when vending machines are readily available, and in my case, there's also a cafe downstairs in my building that stays open all day with frozen yogurt, candy, cookies, chips, soda, etc. I usually get hunger pains around 3:30/4 in the afternoon when it's nearing the end of the day and lunch is wearing of. Sometimes I give into my froyo craving or can't get the sight of gummy bears and mike n' ikes out of my mind and I decide I simply can't live without them that day, so I'll take a trip down to the cafe with my friend. But more often than not, I bring along a healthy snack for my mid-afternoon fix. Here are a few of my staples at the moment...

These Chobani fruit yogurts are great! Plain Greek yogurt is hard for me, but the fruit definitely helps. There are 14g of protein in one of these little puppies. Top with a little granola and voila! Perfect for Breakfast or a snack.
  

I got a free Luna Bar sample at my gym and I fell in love. Usually I'm not a fan of these because they always have a funny after taste, but these really are awesome. They also have mini ones which are perfect for a little afternoon snack of about 80 calories. The Peanut Butter one is my favorite.

These mini cheese's are great with a few crackers, a handful of almonds, or a piece of fruit.

Hummus is always in my refrigerator. It is a staple in my diet and it's delicious paired with these Kashi Asiago crackers or baby carrots. Yum! (The spicy flavor pictured is awesome - but I love Sabra brand because they have tons of flavors to suit anyone's tastes)



Fuji Apples are great because they stay fresh for a long time. They are crisp and sweet.

What are some of your favorite healthy snacks?




Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Meaghan said...

I love sabra hummus. Rob and I have tried several of the different flavors. They're all good! And I love eating plain greek yogurt for breakfast these days. A touch of honey makes it perfect!

March 23, 2011 at 9:49 AM  
Blogger Brittany said...

Ick I can't do the plain, it's so bitter. I don't mind it with honey and granola but the fruit ones are great!

March 23, 2011 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger Britt said...

Glad we eat the exact same things! haha I also love laughing cow cheese and salads with pomegranate seeds! Yum!

March 23, 2011 at 3:53 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I'm not a fan of plain greek yogurt either. Maybe I'll try flavored. I love grapes and seriously sharp cheddar cheese...yumm!

March 24, 2011 at 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home