Thursday, June 2, 2011

I'll Wear That Dress If You Wear That Tie

This past weekend I spent 4 days with old friends to celebrate my best friend's wedding. I am in a major   slight depression this week being back to work thinking about how this time last week, I was headed home to just begin the wedding festivities. Thursday I got to have lunch with Matt and Britt, and then later that evening was spent in the church with her family decorating. Friday, we had nail appointments and lunch before heading back to the church for rehearsal. After rehearsing for the big day, we all ventured to Hanover Tavern for a delicious dinner! 

As a surprise for Britt and Matt, I put together a slideshow of both of them growing up, with friends, and showing their relationship from the beginning. Unfortunately, due to a technical glitch {and thanks to my non-technology knowledge} I was missing a piece that I needed to hook my computer up the projector...party foul. It still worked out, and we passed my computer around to each table for people to enjoy. 


Saturday morning I got up bright and early to start getting ready! I met the girls at church where we all had our hair did...holla! {Britt had a huge bridal party, so our hair appointments spanned from 10:30am to 3:00pm haha}. I decided to hang around all day and sip mimosas. Britt arrived around noon after her makeup appointment, and funny story, got pulled over by a cop on the way to the church!...Yep...on her wedding day. Did she get a ticket? Nope. Lucky lady! Britt was very calm all day so everything the rest of the afternoon went very smoothly. 


The wedding went off without a hitch, and Britt and Matt are now happily married! Their reception was at a beautiful bank in downtown Richmond on the 24th floor reception hall. We had views of the entire city of Richmond that lit up when it got dark. It was perfect. 

We all danced the night away and made memories that will last forever. I spent all weekend with my best friends in the world and it made me realize how lucky I truly am. I have grown up with the best girls I know and as we grow older, we are still each other's biggest fans and best support system. {Not to mention, we have a blast together!} I love you girls!!







Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

Britt--I feel so pathetic because this almost made me cry. But still--definitely the best weekend with y'all EVER. Miss you guys already! Two weeks....

June 2, 2011 at 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home